Today is Earth Day! A day to celebrate the planet that facilitates our survival. With continuing climate change, extreme weather events and heavy pollution, becoming environmentally conscientious has never been more important. Remember that even small changes to your lifestyle and habits can make a difference in protecting our precious planet.
· Always use reusable bags when you shop!
· Weather strip windows and doors to reduce drafts
· Walk or bike—you’ll reap the healthy benefits and the earth will thank you
· Give “Meatless Monday’s” a try! Reducing meat consumption can be beneficial to the earth and to your health!
· Hang clothes to dry
Put on a Sweater:
· Adjust your thermostat by 2 degrees (higher in the summer and lower in the winter) to save energy
· Put on a timer while in the shower to keep them quick
· Have a yard sale or list items on sites like Kijiji or Freecycle—there’s always someone who will want or need your unwanted items
· If natural cleaning products don’t fit the budget a simple mixture of vinegar and water will clean almost anything!