Are you heading away this March Break? Leaving from Toronto Airport? Do you have a disability or need special assistance? Consider the following helpful tips and contact information to make sure your adventure goes smoothly:
Plan your trip in advance with these helpful travel links:
- Terminal 1 is equipped with a total of 83 designated disabled parking spaces on all levels, except on level 8.
- Terminal 3 is equipped with a total of 39 designated disabled parking spaces located near the elevator lobbies or hotel entrance on all levels.
- Long-term parking reduced rate lot, which is located across from Terminal 3, on Airport Road, provides 39 designated disabled parking spaces near the exit booth and Automated People Mover (APM) tower/station.
- Passengers departing or transferring between Terminal 1, 3 or Long Term parking lot will be required to take the APM to the appropriate terminal. The APM is fully accessible and operates 24/7.
From the Car to the Plane
Airport Customer Assistance Program (ACAP) @ Toronto Pearson:
- Provides point-to-point transportation and assistance for persons with disabilities as well as for others who require assistance.
- Terminal 1 is equipped with information/courtesy phones, available 24 hours a day. These are Identified with the international accessibility pictogram and a white “I” on an orange background (used at Pearson to denote customer service points), which are clearly visible throughout the departures level inner curb, as well as with intercoms throughout the parking garage vestibules.
- Terminal 3: services consist of wheelchair and attendant assistance throughout Terminal 3 from the garage or the curb to the seat of the aircraft.
- Terminal 1: services are offered from the garage or curb to the airline counter or to the seat of the aircraft depending on the airline.
- This service can be pre-arranged by calling (416) 776-ACAP (2227), by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or completing the request for assistance form under the Special Assurance link.
Storage of Mobility Device While Boarding:
- West Jet: 1-800-538-5696
- Air Canada: 1-888-247-2262
Need More Information?
- Terminal 1: Terminal Information Services at (416) 247-7678
- Terminal 3: Terminal Information Services at (416) 776-5100
For more travel tips and information please refer to our Travelling with a Disability post for more on accessible travel.
Have a wonderful vacation!