Our O-Tip of the week series we will be providing valuable “OT-Approved Life Hacks” to provide you with simple and helpful solutions for living.
For the month of February, our O-Tip series will help you to practice safe and efficient snow removal this winter.
If you are fortunate enough to have a snow blower you have less heaving lifting to do, however, there are still dangers that this more efficient method can pose. Here are some tips to ensure you are being safe while blowing snow:
- Do not let children operate the machine
- Do not wear loose clothing which could get caught in the machinery
- Pace yourself – even when snow blowing you can overexert yourself in the cold, leading to the risk of heart attack
- Operate the machine only outside as inside a shed or garage could put you at risk for carbon monoxide poisoning
- Add fuel outdoors, before starting, and never add fuel while the machine is running
- Never leave it unattended when it is running