Our O-Tip of the week series we will be providing valuable “OT-Approved Life Hacks” to provide you with simple and helpful solutions for living.
For the month of March, Nutrition Month, our O-Tip series will help you find simple ways to improve nutrition in every meal!
Instead of using the less nutritional basics you may have always used in your dishes, try changing them up for a nutritional boost.
Some examples include:
- Quinoa instead of rice
- Mashed cauliflower instead of mashed potatoes
- Sweet potato fries instead of normal french fries
- Zucchini noodles or spaghetti squash instead of pasta
- Bake with applesauce instead of oil
- Use herbs and spices instead of salt
- Use whole wheat flour instead of all-purpose white flour
- Enjoy dark chocolate instead of milk chocolate
What are some healthy food swaps you’ve tried? We’d love to hear some more delicious and nutritious suggestions!