Our O-Tip of the week series we will be providing valuable “OT-Approved Life Hacks” to provide you with simple and helpful solutions for living.
For the month of March, Nutrition Month, our O-Tip series will help you find simple ways to improve nutrition in every meal!
A simple way to improve nutrition is to increase your vegetable intake. Vegetables are nutritional powerhouses full of the vitamins and minerals our bodies need to thrive. Increase your veggie intake by ensuring you include them in every meal and/or snack.
Some helpful examples include:
- Adding spinach or kale to a breakfast smoothie
- Adding spinach to your eggs
- Protein-packed salads as a meal for lunch or dinner
- Substituting veggie noodles (zucchini, spaghetti squash or sweet potatoes) for pasta
- Substituting cauliflower for rice or pizza crusts
- Using lettuce instead of traditional wraps
- Carrot sticks and hummus as a snack
- Kale chips instead of regular potato chips as a snack
How do you include vegetables in your meals? We’d love to hear your delicious and nutritious suggestions!